There are many spiders that commonly get into our Spring Hill homes. They're so common, in fact, that they're referred to as common house spiders. There are other spiders that don't commonly get in but when they do they can be a serious threat, such as brown recluse spiders and black widow spiders. These spider prevention tips should help you to keep spiders out of your Spring Hill home.
Consider Things That Can Lead to Spider Infestations
There are many ways a spider can get into your home. [--The more you do to make it harder for them, the fewer spiders you'll have inside. Here are a few things that can lead to a spider infestation.
- Dampness. Spiders eat bugs and many bugs live in areas with damp soil. Keeping things dry around your Spring Hill home can keep spider populations down.
- Renovations. During renovations, spiders will take advantage of openings in your home. They'll also take advantage of stacks of lumber and other construction materials in your yard.
- Trees. If you bring a tree into your home, you may bring spiders in with it. Many spiders lay their eggs on trees. Whether it is a live Christmas tree or some chopped firewood, be cautious when bringing trees inside.
- Household belongings. Spiders hide in secluded locations. In these places, they'll get into stored boxes, furniture, and other stored items. When those items are moved from one home to another, spiders can move with them.
Seal Things Up to prevent Spider Infestations
No home can be made completely spider-free, not even a brand new home. But the older a home is the more likely it is that entry points will form. Check these locations to see if you have gaps, cracks, or holes that could allow spiders to get into your Spring Hill home.
- Gaps in the weatherstripping around doors.
- Damaged door sweeps.
- Holes in window or door frames (often created by insects).
- Holes in the seal around door or window frames.
- Gaps in the damaged seals of pipes and wire conduit.
For added protection and the best control for pests around your Spring Hill home, consider All-For-One residential service from All-American Pest Control or ask our Spring Hill pest control experts about our Brown Recluse Spider Reduction services which also come with coverage for over 47 common Tennessee pests. With All-American Pest Control, you'll always get knowledgeable, on-time service with a smile—and, of course, fewer spiders.