Home Pest Control In Green Hills, TN
Let one of All-American Pest Control’s three year-round residential pest control programs protect your Green Hills home from being invaded by the household pests that thrive in our area. Each of our three programs offer protection against over 47 different household pests and protection against five outdoor pests (mosquitoes, flies, Japanese beetles, boxelder bugs, and spiders). Additional benefits include that there is no annual contract, we provide both interior and exterior treatments, and if pests return between our services visit we will return to take care of the problem at no charge to you. Our three year-round pest control programs include our:
- Perimeter Plus- This program provides protection for your home against common household pests.
- All-For-One Advantage- This program provides both pest and termite protection for your Green Hills home.
- All-For-One Complete Care- This program is our most comprehensive and provides pest, termite, and yard protection!
To schedule your no-obligation, free home evaluation for your Green Hills home, give us a call today at All-American Pest Control.
Tips To Avoid Brown Recluse Spiders In Green Hills, TN
Before you can learn how to avoid brown recluse spiders, a venomous spider that is unfortunately found living throughout middle Tennessee, you first need to know what they look like. Adult brown recluse spiders can range in color from light to dark brown, they have a round or oval shaped body that ranges in length from 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch in length. They are most often identified by their eight very long legs, three pairs of eyes that are arranged in a semi-circle pattern, and of course, by the “violin-like” marking that is found on the top of their body. Brown recluse spiders are shy and as their name suggests, reclusive; they hide in dark, quiet areas in the irregularly shaped webs that they weave. But, just because they are shy doesn’t mean they aren’t dangerous. A bite from these spiders can lead to the ulceration of the skin around the bite that can take a very long time to heal and cause significant scarring. To avoid accidentally coming into contact with these venomous spiders we suggest the following tips:
- Place woodpiles up off of the ground and a good distance away from the exterior of your home; remove piles of grass, sticks, leaves, and other debris from your property. These are places that brown recluse spiders love to hide in.
- Keep garages, shed, attics, basements, and closets free of clutter and organized. An organized space will give the spiders less places to hide in unnoticed by you.
- When working outside always wear gloves, shaking them out before placing them on your hands.
- Shake out clothing and shoes before putting those items on, this is especially important for items that haven’t been worn for some time.
If you ever see a brown recluse spider in your Green Hills home do not hesitate to contact the brown recluse experts found at All-American Pest Control. Our professionals will place monitoring devices and look for the conditions that are attracting them and find their hiding spots. Our pros will then develop a treatment plan specific to your home to eliminate these dangerous spiders.
We're Ready To Help
Call Our Office or Fill Out The Form to Schedule Service Now
Commercial Pest Control Services In Green Hills, TN
Trust that your business, your employees, your customers, and your reputation will be protected against pests by choosing All-American Pest Control for all your commercial pest control needs. The professionals at All-American Pest Control take pride in having over 50 years of experience in the pest control industry; we are committed to providing the commercial pest control services that will work to eliminate current pest problems in your facility and provide you with the solutions needed to prevent future pest problems. To get started protecting your Green Hills business from pests, schedule a free business evaluation today! During the no-obligation evaluation our professionals will:
- Complete a thorough assessment of your facility
- Made recommendations related to pest control and food storage
- Identify rodent entry points
- Discuss prevention measures
- And more
Give us a call to learn more about our commercial pest control services.
Why Termite Damage In Green Hills, TN Is Usually Not Covered By Homeowners Insurance
You may have it in the back of your head that you don’t need to worry about termites or their damage. You have homeowner's insurance after all and they’ll cover the damage, right? Wrong! The truth is that most homeowner's insurance policies do not cover the structural damage that termites cause. This is because termite damage is something that insurance companies view as preventable. And in this case, the insurance companies are right! Termite damage can be prevented by partnering with an experienced pest control company.
At All-American Pest Control, we offer the most effective termite protection possible through the installation of Sentricon® System with Always Active™. This award-winning system will not disturb your day-to-day activities, requires no drilling, is eco-friendly, does not use chemicals, and is odor-free. To stop termites in their tracks, reach out to All-American Pest Control today and learn more about Sentricon® with Always Active™.
Types Of Flies That Invade Green Hills Homes
As hard as you try to keep your house free of pests, it seems like every summer, you still find yourself dealing with flies. House flies and fruit flies are two of the most common types of flies to invade Green Hills homes, and both species are serious nuisances. They can also be a serious threat. Both types of flies can contaminate your food, leaving you and your family members at risk of contracting an illness if you eat that food.
Getting rid of house flies and fruit flies often feels like an exercise in frustration. As soon as you manage to get rid of one house fly, two more show up in its place. Using DIY fruit fly traps often allows you to catch a handful of fruit flies but leaves dozens more still flitting around your kitchen. If you're having trouble with flies of any kind, you need All-American Pest Control. We offer pest control services that will eliminate the fly problem in your Green Hills home so that you can protect your family from sickness and irritation.
Are All The Mosquitoes In Green Hills Dangerous?
Many people are surprised to find out that the most annoying pest known to man is also the most dangerous pest known to man. When you look at the tiny mosquito, you wouldn't think that mosquitoes could be responsible for the deaths of over a million people every year, but that is the truth. The reason for this is that mosquitoes can transmit many different and serious illnesses through their bites.
Thankfully, when it comes to the mosquitoes in Green Hills, you don't need to be too concerned about deadly illnesses. However, the mosquitoes here can still transmit diseases that can make you or your family members seriously ill. West Nile virus is the most common mosquito-transmitted illness in the United States, and the mosquitoes in Green Hills may carry that virus. That means that any mosquito bite you get could make you sick.
To protect your family from mosquitoes and the illnesses they spread, it helps to keep the mosquito population low on your Green Hills property. The best way to keep mosquitoes away is to have mosquito reduction treatments from All-American Pest Control. This monthly service will greatly reduce the number of mosquitoes on your property, which will help protect your family from illnesses.
How Do Silverfish Find Their Way Into Green Hills Homes?
Silverfish are nuisance pests that require highly humid environments in which to live. You may start finding them in your house if there is a particularly dry spell outside, if your home offers them the moist environment they need to thrive, or if your home has paper and glue products they like to eat.
A silverfish infestation in your Green Hills home is usually the result of these pests being brought inside in items already infested or from the silverfish finding their way indoors from your yard. Silverfish can easily climb walls, so it's not difficult for them to find gaps around your windows or holes in your siding that they can use to enter your home. To prevent a silverfish infestation, we recommend:
- Sealing all cracks, crevices, and gaps around the outside of your house
- Fixing torn window and door screens
- Removing unnecessary items that are resting up against the exterior of your house
- Reducing humidity in your home with dehumidifiers
- Fixing leaking pipes and other moisture problems
- Storing books and other paper products in sealed containers
Getting rid of silverfish that are already in your house can be accomplished with the help of All-American Pest Control. We offer pest control services to rid your home of silverfish and keep them from coming back.
What It Takes To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Green Hills Home
The best way to get rid of roaches in Green Hills is to stay vigilant and on top of prevention practices while relying on regular inspections and treatments to prevent cockroaches from taking over your property.
Some of the best strategies to prevent roaches from invading in the first place include:
- Keeping your home clean. While any home is at risk of a cockroach problem, those with clutter, dirty floors, clogged drains, dishes left overnight, etc., are more likely to attract them.
- Keeping food out of their reach. Cockroaches are known for taking over food supplies, spreading pathogens, and rendering them unsafe to eat. Put away food as soon as mealtime is over, keep your kitchen and dining areas clean, and invest in sturdy containers.
- Lowering moisture levels and fixing leaks. Many pests, including cockroaches, are drawn to areas with high humidity and stagnant water. If you have leaks or drains that aren't working as well as they should, you must fix them immediately.
- Scheduling inspections. These scavengers reproduce very quickly, and because they tend to hide during the day and only come out at night, you might not notice signs of a cockroach infestation until it's too late. Working with a professional pest control company can help spot problems before they become more prominent and challenging to eliminate.
If cockroaches have taken over your home, it is only a matter of time before they spread their dangerous diseases everywhere. Call us today to schedule a home inspection and get started with safe but highly effective cockroach control treatments.
Scavengers, termites, and other pests can cause a wealth of issues in your home and lead to significant repairs. Keep them out of your home with safe and effective treatments from All-American Pest Control.
The Best Tick Control For Around Your Green Hills Home And Yard
Ticks are dangerous little creatures. Their bites can contain harmful disease-causing organisms. The only thing more troublesome than finding a tick on your body is having an infestation of these pests inside or around your home.
If you are looking for ways to stop these harmful arachnids, you need to do at least one of two things. Either utilize DIY exclusion methods to make sure your home's exterior is properly sealed or invest in professional pest control courtesy of All-American Pest Control. We have the solutions you need to deter not only ticks but the wild pests that they use to get indoors. If you have outdoor pets, maximize protection by investing in some form of tick control for them as well. Talk to your veterinarian about your options. Regardless of what you do, call our team for more information about our services. Find out why we are the right choice for the job and schedule an appointment to have your property treated for ticks.
How To Control Rodents On Your Green Hills Property
Rodents look to Green Hills properties for everything they need to survive. Here are a few ways to keep rodents out of your property:
- Fill in entry points. To try to keep rodents outside, fill in openings around your foundation with sheet metal and steel wool. You may also want to apply weatherstripping around loose doors and windows.
- Fix water problems. Eliminate potential water sources by fixing leaky faucets and pipes. You’ll also want to keep the basement and crawl spaces properly ventilated.
- Clean frequently. Rodents can turn anything into a meal, and your trash is one of the biggest enticements. Always use a garbage bin with a tight-fitting lid and clean counters and floors on a routine basis.
- Practice proper food storage. To further reduce rodent attraction, avoid keeping snacks and food items in their original packaging, and instead, opt for sealed containers. Be sure to clean them between uses as well.
- Ask for help. By enlisting the services of a pest control expert, you can benefit from our extensive knowledge and the safest, most effective tools possible.
For more information on rodent control, call All-American Pest Control today.