Termites are known as "silent destroyers" for their ability to damage your home without alerting you to their presence and cause an estimated five billion dollars in damages annually across the United States.
What’s the best way to not become part of that statistic? Partner with us at All-American Pest Control, the Murfreesboro pest control experts, for professional termite control.
The Damage Termites Can Cause To Your Home
If there was any good news about termites, it is that they don't bite or sting, unlike many other pests, so they don't directly threaten people. But they are still destructive pests you don't want around your home. Termites can cause significant damage to your house, compromising its structural integrity and leading to costly repairs.
They feed on wood and cellulose-based materials, such as furniture, flooring, support beams, and wallpaper. Over time, they can weaken wooden structures, resulting in sagging floors, warped walls, and crumbling foundations. Termites can also damage books, paper, and insulation.
The worst part about termite damage is that it often goes unnoticed until it becomes severe. By then, extensive repairs may be necessary, including replacing damaged wood, reinforcing structures, and addressing any moisture issues that attract termites.
How To Identify Signs Of Termite Activity
While damage is happening behind the scenes there are things to be on the lookout for. Identifying the signs of a termite infestation can help you catch it early before the damage becomes extensive. These signs include:
- Discarded wings from swarmers
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Small piles of sawdust-like pellets called frass
- Wood that is blistered or damaged
- Paint that is bubbled or peeling
If you see any of these signs, contact us for a termite inspection. We can confirm the presence of termites on your property and get to work quickly to remove them.
Simple Tips To Prevent Future Termite Infestations In Your Home
Termites are present in almost every state in the country, you want to do everything you can to keep them away from your home. Along with a termite control plan from All-American Pest Control, there are steps you can take to help prevent termites. Here are some termite prevention tips for your Murfreesboro home:
- Keep firewood, lumber, and other wooden materials away from your home's foundation.
- Fix any leaks or moisture problems in your home, including plumbing leaks, roof leaks, and faulty drainage systems. Ensure proper ventilation in crawl spaces and attics.
- Clean and maintain gutters and downspouts to direct water away from your house.
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home.
- Trim tree branches, shrubs, and other vegetation that come into contact with your house.
- Consider installing a physical or chemical termite barrier around your foundation.
- Avoid wood-to-soil contact. Use concrete or metal supports to create a barrier between the wood and the ground.
Following these tips along with professional termite control, you can prevent termites from making your home theirs and save you thousands of dollars.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Termites
If you suspect you have termites around your Murfreesboro property or just want to be proactive in preventing a termite infestation, reach out. We are Middle Tennessee's Sentricon® experts. The Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination System is the premier termite elimination product. It protects your home from ground termites without disrupting your life. This means no drilling, no smelly sprays, and no changes to your lifestyle. And we feel so confident in our ability to protect your home that we offer a $1,000,000 Termite Damage Repair Guarantee. Call us today to learn more.