Spiders are one of the most common reasons people seek professional pest control in Nashville. Whether they’re dangerous or not, most people are not interested in dealing with them on their own, and you certainly shouldn’t have to settle for living with them. If you are tired of the spiders taking up space in your home, attic, garage, and basement, read on! The team at All-American Pest Control has the skills and tools needed to safely remove these pests from your living space once and for all.
Types Of Spiders You May Find Inside Your Home
There are many different types of spiders in Nashville that you might find invading your home. Some of the most common house spiders include wolf spiders, cellar spiders, zipper spiders, orb-weaver spiders, jumping spiders, southern black widows, and brown recluses. While most of these species are harmless, you do have to be careful about the southern black widow spiders and brown recluses, as these are venomous spiders. If you think you have either of these types in your home, call the professionals at All-American Pest Control for help immediately. Don’t risk getting bitten!
What Attracts Spiders To Residential Spaces?
People’s homes are, by nature, the perfect place for a spider to set up shop. This is why they are so common in residential spaces. Below are some of the main reasons all different types of spiders find their way inside Nashville homes:
- Shelter: As temperatures drop in the fall and winter, spiders may enter your home seeking shelter from the cold.
- Harborage: Due to their tiny size, spiders are excellent hiders, and thrive in cluttered spaces, like your attic, garage, and basement. These areas also give them a safe space to spin their webs and reproduce.
- Easy access to food: Spiders feed on a variety of insects, and when other pests enter your home, spiders may be close behind them.
Regardless of the reasons behind spiders invading your home, All-American Pest Control can help get rid of them. Reach out to us today to get started with spider control for your home.
Effective Spider Prevention Tips For Nashville Homes
The good news is that prevention strategies work for all kinds of spiders. Below are some easy things everyone can do to prevent spiders from making their way indoors:
- Treat existing insect infestations: The best thing you can do is take away spiders' source of food. Have the professionals get rid of any existing insect problems in your home first, and usually, the spiders will go away.
- Seal up cracks: Look around your home for cracks, crevices, holes, and torn window screens. Seal these up to keep spiders (and other pests) from squeezing through them into your home.
- Organize clutter: Make your home less appealing to spiders by cleaning up the clutter. Properly organizing can help make it harder for them to spin webs and reproduce.
- Clean: Sweep away existing cobwebs throughout your attic, basement, and garage. Wipe up dust and dirt, and maintain the cleanliness of your home. Properly dispose of all garbage and remove it from your home promptly
While these methods will definitely help keep out future infestations, they are not as helpful if you already have a problem. If you are already seeing spiders in your home, contact our team for professional spider control today!
Professional Spider Control And Removal
The team at All-American Pest Control has nearly 60 years of experience dealing with spider infestations in Nashville. We have the tools and treatments needed to address your spider problem. If you want to get rid of spiders, don’t waste time and money on over-the-counter products. Give us a call for help today!