Brentwood is a great place to live, a charming suburb of Nashville that is home to a number of celebrities. However, something to be aware of when living in Brentwood is the abundance of invasive pests that cause all sorts of problems. Of the numerous pests that invade and cause issues in homes across Brentwood, fleas are a persistent unwanted guest.
I Have No Pets, So Why Do I Have Fleas In My Apartment?
Many people often think fleas are a problem that only affects pets and other animals, but these blood-sucking pests will infest homes and bite people as well. While pets such as dogs and cats are a common way for these bugs to enter your apartment or house, infestations can occur in homes without any pets.
There are a variety of ways for fleas to enter your home:
- Nuisance wildlife on your property can bring fleas or leave behind flea eggs.
- Fleas on other people’s pets can attach themselves to your clothes.
- Fleas can jump onto you from infested areas outside, such as a patch of grass or old furniture left out.
- When traveling or on vacation, staying at hotels can often lead to fleas returning home with you due to the high volume of people moving through the same rooms.
For more information on these troublesome pests and how to keep your home flea-free, feel free to reach out to the flea control experts at All-American Pest Control.
Home Remedies For Residential Flea Infestations
Although professional pest control is the only long-term solution for flea infestations, there are ways you can combat these pests on your own.
Some practical ways to protect your home from fleas include:
- Use baking soda to dehydrate and kill fleas and their eggs by pouring it onto carpets, furniture, and other infested areas of your home.
- Routinely conduct thorough vacuuming to eliminate flea eggs that have been pushed deep into carpets and other soft surfaces.
- Use salt, similar to baking soda, to kill fleas in affected areas of your home.
- Incorporate flea repellant plants such as citronella, eucalyptus, and lavender into your yard.
Contact our team of certified pest control technicians today to find out the best solution for any flea problems you are facing on your property.
Flea Eggs: Everything You Need To Know
You may be most concerned about flea bites and the adult fleas that are doing the biting, but the eggs that fleas deposit around your home during an infestation are just as problematic. Fleas multiply rapidly, and you should take any signs of flea activity seriously. A few fleas can quickly turn into an infestation if left untreated.
Flea eggs are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. They are about five millimeters in length, and a single female flea can lay up to fifty eggs in one day. The extremely fast reproduction rate of fleas and the difficulty in detecting their eggs makes it especially important to act immediately if you spot fleas in your home.
Complete Flea Control Services For Apartment Homes
Practicing flea and general pest prevention practices in your home is effective at reducing the chance of an infestation. Still, the only solution is professional pest control services if one does occur. Luckily for Brentwood residents, All-American Pest Control is here to help eliminate infestations and prevent fleas and other pests from returning.
As a local Brentwood pest control specialist, All-American Pest Control has been keeping homes across Brentwood safe and pest free since 1961. Our certified and experienced pest control technicians will work with you to create a customized flea and pest control plan for your specific situation. Call us today if you have seen fleas or other pests around your home. We offer flexible scheduling options and provide free estimates on our services.