Nashville, Tennessee, has been built upon music from the very beginning. It connects all aspects of life in the surrounding area. Known as the “Songwriting Capital of the World,” it is a place where people chase dreams while performing in many live venues. While carpenter ants may not gravitate to Nashville for the music, they gravitate to properties because of their love for wood; and they are always hungry.
Signs Of A Carpenter Ant Infestation On Your Nashville Property
Most people are familiar with the “look” of carpenter ants. They’re typically black to reddish-black and big (up to 5/8 inches long). Many have no idea what problems black carpenter ants on their property cause, so it is wise for property owners to keep an eye out for signs of a carpenter ant infestation.
Six signs of a carpenter ant infestation include:
- Workers, swarmers, or both
- Small openings on the surface of the wood
- Shavings of wood resembling sawdust
- Fragments of insulation
- Insect body parts
- Rustling sounds in wall voids
The Extent Of Damage Carpenter Ants Can Do To Your Nashville Property
Even though carpenter ants do not eat wood, they excavate it and damage it with their tunneling and nest building. All this excavation can lead to some pretty severe issues for property owners.
Four damages caused by carpenter ants include:
- Weakened support beams
- Warped framing
- Door and windows that stick
- Floors that start to slope
While moist, decayed wood is typically a carpenter ant’s “go-to” wood, it will expand to dry or undamaged wood when needed. The sooner your catch on to the signs of a carpenter ant infestation, the better.
How To Get Rid Of Carpenter Ants On Your Nashville Property Fast!
Black carpenter ants on your property are tricky to eliminate. Only the most observant will typically notice that something is damaging the wood on your property. At the first sign of a carpenter ant infestation, property owners should contact the service professionals at All-American Pest Control. We are right around the corner and deliver effective ant control to our Nashville natives. Providing pest control since 1961, we are locally owned and operated and easily accessible. We will use the latest in environmentally safe products to get rid of your carpenter ant problem. Call us today to set up a free inspection of your property.
How To Keep Carpenter Ants From Coming Back In Nashville
The best way to get rid of carpenter ants is by establishing a treatment plan with All-American Pest Control that complements your specific needs. Even with expert protection, property owners can install some proactive measures that will help deter carpenter ants from returning to your property.
Nine proactive steps for effective ant control includes:
- Always be on the lookout for moisture problems in and around your property (remove any standing water).
- Fix any plumbing problems (showers, bathtubs, appliances, and water pipes that have leaks).
- Seal all cracks/small openings with silicon-based caulking and caulk around windows and doors.
- Keep firewood and stacks of wood well away from buildings.
- Remove rotting/softwood debris from your building.
- Keep plants and branches cut back from your building.
- Repair all leaking downspouts, flashing, and gutters.
- Repair leaking roofs.
- Use a dehumidifier in moisture-prone areas of the building.