If you've been looking into termite control for your Tennessee home, you probably know by now that there are really only two options: liquid termiticide or bait. You may also know that there are many termiticide products available and many bait products as well. It can get quite confusing weeding through all of the literature. Today, we're going to talk about the pros and cons of the Sentricon® with Always Active™, the termite bait solution the experts here at All-American Pest Control trust to protect man-made structures from the threat of subterranean termite damage. And we will look at how it holds up against liquid termiticide treatments.
The pros far outweigh the cons when it comes to the Sentricon® System. In fact, we can really only think of one con. Sentricon® costs a little bit more than liquid treatments. If you're looking for the absolute lowest price for your termite service, you may want to choose liquid. But, when you do, you get all the cons that come with that type of termite control in Tennessee. Read on.
As you can probably guess, we have a lot of good things to say about the Sentricon® System and almost all of these pros are in direct contrast to the cons of liquid treatments.
- Sentricon® with Always Active™ does not require drilling and trenching. The goal of liquid treatments is to create a complete barrier around an entire structure. This can disturb landscaping and cause damage to concrete, bricks, and other building materials. Sentricon® with Always Active™ bait stations are placed in the soil.
- Sentricon® with Always Active™ targets termites and only termites. When workers find the bait in the Sentricon® with Always Active™ stations, which they will because they are always searching for food, they pass it along to other termites through the sharing of bodily fluids. Liquid termiticide saturates the ground and affects more than just termites—which organisms it will affect depends upon the product used. Tons of material must be injected into the ground. There is no way to know how much of an impact this will have on the environment.
- Sentricon® with Always Active™ gets better with age. Over time, liquid termiticide barriers wear out but the bait in the Sentricon® with Always Active™ gets tastier and tastier to subterranean termites. This isn't to say that it isn't tasty to them on day one of installation. It is just that the decaying of the material only serves to make it more appetizing—never less.
- Sentricon® with Always Active™ makes termite detection a breeze. Bait stations can be easily checked for the presence of soldiers or workers and the absence of bait material. When liquid termiticide wears out, there is no way to know. And detecting termite activity can be extremely difficult, even for an experienced professional. This is a significant drawback for liquid termite control. How protected your property will be is largely dependent on the ability of your termite control technician to find evidence of termite activity. A child can look at a Sentricon® with Always Active™ bait station and tell when termites in Tennessee have come to feed.
- You won't smell Sentricon® with Always Active™. Some liquid termiticides have a strong, unpleasant odor that can be detected long after treatments have been performed.
- Sentricon® with Always Active™ comes with a $1 million termite damage guarantee for homes that qualify. That is not a warranty many pest control companies that perform liquid termiticide barriers can offer. So you may get a low-cost solution in the beginning, but end up with a termite damage bill that isn't covered by your termite control company. When you have Sentricon® with Always Active™, it is a lot like having termite insurance. If termites damage your home, you're not left holding the bill. Fortunately for Sentricon® with Always Active™, this system works very well.
- Our last pro doesn't have anything to do with liquid treatments vs. bait. It has to do with bait vs. bait. Not all termite bait systems are created equal. Sentricon® with Always Active™ has had more than 30 independent studies done and more than 70 scientific papers written about it. This is a system that has been tested extensively. It also has over 20 years of real-world success under its belt. No other bait has the proven track record of Sentricon® with Always Active™.
If you're ready to invest in termite protection for your Tennessee home, let the Certified Sentricon® Installers here at All-American Pest Control assist you. There is simply nothing better. We guarantee it. Reach out today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Tennessee.
We're Ready To Help
Call Our Office or Fill Out The Form to Schedule Service Now
View Our Home Pest Control Services Offerings
With nearly 60 years of experience in Middle Tennessee, we believe in providing reliable, easy to schedule services that eliminate Tennessee's most persistent, uninvited pests. You can choose general pest control for your home, termite protection or yard treatments for fleas and ticks... or you can bundle these services together to save money and time!
You will love our team! We show up on time with a smile, we follow-up with you until our service exceeds your expectations, we will return in between trips for free by request, and we do what we say we will do! Check out our Google reviews and call us for more information!