When most people think of pests, they might not think of springtails. Unfortunately, these pests are incredibly resilient, and if left uninterrupted, they can quickly cause problems to your pool, air conditioners, and plumbing, as well as just be a general nuisance. Capable of surviving even the harshest of climates, springtails are a good reason to seek out professional pest control in Brentwood, as they are likely to survive over-the-counter products. At All-American Pest Control, we have more than 60 years of experience identifying, eliminating, and preventing springtail infestations. Read on to learn more about these pests and how we can help you today!
What Does A Springtail Look Like?
Springtails in Brentwood are incredibly tiny, usually only growing up to 1/32 to ⅛ of an inch in length. They do not have wings, but are oftentimes compared to fleas because of their ability to jump from place to place. They have soft bodies, and come in a wide variety of colors that range from gray to purple, blue, green, yellow, or orange. Due to their small size and coloring, many people describe them as "gray flecks." The professionals at All-American Pest Control have the skills and knowledge needed to properly identify a springtail infestation. If you aren’t sure what you’re dealing with, give us a call!
What Attracts Springtails
Effective springtail control starts with knowing what attracts them to your home in the first place. Below are some of the reasons why springtails might be setting up shop in your house and yard:
- Moisture: The number one thing springtails are looking for is moisture, either indoors or outdoors.
- Light: Like a lot of other insects, springtails are attracted to lights, whether this is an outside lamp or an indoor light fixture.
- Potted plants: More particularly, they are attracted to the soil in your potted plants.
- Organic debris: If your yard has a lot of stumps, logs, and sticks (ones that are decaying as well), they are likely to be found living inside them.
Because springtails are so tiny, they are capable of squeezing through even the smallest cracks and crevices, and when the air dries up outside, it’s only a matter of time before the springtails find their way indoors in search of moisture. The professionals at All-American Pest Control can implement proven prevention strategies to help keep these unwanted guests out of your home for good. Give us a call for help today!
Five Steps To Handle A Springtail Infestation
The good news is that there are things everyone can do today to keep springtails from encroaching on your yard or invading your home. Below are five proven springtail solutions we encourage you to implement today:
- Seal up potential entry points. While it can be tough to pinpoint every hole in the siding of your home, be sure to seal up every crack you can find, including torn window screens.
- Maintain your yard. Clean up your yard on a regular basis and remove organic debris such as logs and sticks, especially decaying ones.
- Keep potted plants away from your home. If you can, keep soil and potted plants away from your home, as this will lure them closer.
- Fix leaky faucets and pipes. Because moisture is springtails' number one pursuit, be sure to locate any leaky pipes and faucets and fix them immediately.
- Don’t over-water house plants: If you do want to have house plants, be sure you are not over-watering them, as this will also create a buildup of moisture.
For the most effective springtail pest control, reach out to the team at All-American Pest Control today.
Professional Springtail Extermination In Brentwood
Since 1961, we have been providing superior springtail control in Brentwood. Our services are easy to book, and we focus on providing services that exceed your expectations. Armed with the tools and skills needed to permanently eliminate even the most persistent of pests, we will uproot your springtail infestation and exterminate them in their entirety. Don’t let these pests bother you; give us a call for help today!